Conor McGregor has said he is barring the man he once assaulted in an Irish pub having become the new owner of the property.
UFC star McGregor pleaded guilty to assaulting a man in the Marble Arch pub in Dublin in 2019.
According to The Currency, McGregor is in the process of buying the pub in Drimnagh, Dublin for roughly £1.7m.
He had been caught on CCTV assaulting then-50-year-old Des Keogh after he declined to take a shot of McGregor’s 'Proper Twelve' whiskey in 2019.
The UFC star pleaded guilty to the charge in court and was ordered to pay €1000 (£860) and apologised to the victim.
Though McGregor has returned to the pub, confirming the takeover on Twitter and hinting that Mr Keogh will not be welcome.
McGregor shared the story from The Currency on social media, alongside the message: "Ye and your mans barred."
McGregor is planning to return to the Octagon this summer with a trilogy fight against Dustin Poirier lined up for July 10.
The Irishman had been beaten by Poirier earlier this year having first clashed with his opponent back in 2014.
UFC president Dana White has admitted the upcoming bout was almost cancelled just days before it was announced.
"There was a lot of chance that was going to fall apart," he told TSN.
"I saw some conspiracy theorists saying that was done to promote the fight – absolutely none of that was done to promote the fight, I can assure you of that.
"We had to go back and forth; we've been doing this for 20 years and this is what we do, we get it done."
READ MORE: Spotify CEO Daniel Ek offers to buy Arsenal if Stan Kroenke decides to sell club
READ MORE: Jamie Carragher’s explosive “f******” outburst at Jose Mourinho in tense encounter
Source: Read Full Article