The NFL trade deadline is almost here, and the cutoff could prompt some significant action.
Stay with USA TODAY Sports and this page for all the latest news leading up to the deadline and recaps of all the trades.
Trade deadline date: Tuesday, Oct. 30
Time: 4 p.m. ET
Potential players on the move
– Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas: At 3-5, Denver could be sellers. While LBs Brandon Marshall, Shane Ray and Shaquil Barrett might be of interest to other teams, the marquee name is Thomas. The longest-tenured Bronco gave 50-50 odds the team would sending him packing by Tuesday.
– Buccaneers WR DeSean Jackson: The speedy receiver asked for a trade, according to reports, and Tampa Bay could seek to forge ahead with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin as its top options.
– 49ers WR Pierre Garcon: Niners coach Kyle Shanahan acknowledged the team was exploring trades for the veteran pass catcher.
– Dolphins WR DeVante Parker: With Miami needing help in the passing game after losing Albert Wilson to injury, Parker might stick around following a career-best game against the Texans.
– Giants CB Janoris Jenkins: Pat Shurmur dismissed the notion of trading away star safety Landon Collins, but Jenkins could be the next member of the secondary to follow out the door if New York can find a taker for his expensive contract.
– Raiders veterans: Jon Gruden has shrugged off the notion of making another trade after, but Oakland could be open for business. Safety Karl Joseph, pass rusher Bruce Irvin and tight end Jared Cook are among the names who might draw interest, though Gruden has said he "certainly" doesn't see quarterback Derek Carr departing.
– Bills RB LeSean McCoy: Multiple reports indicate Buffalo plans to hold onto its offensive centerpiece in McCoy, but he could be a difference-maker for a team in need of help at running back.
– Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson: Both the perennial Pro Bowl selection and the team shut down trade speculation last week, as coach Steve Wilks, owner Michael Bidwill and Peterson himself all have said the cornerback won't be going anywhere. LBs Deone Bucannon and Haason Reddick, however, might be expendable.
Source: Read Full Article