Tyson Fury reacts to win over Deontay Wilder
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Dillian Whyte has offered a cryptic response to Tyson Fury’s win over Deontay Wilder as he looks to line-up a long awaited world title shot. Whyte, 33, is the mandatory challenger for Fury’s WBC heavyweight belt, but before he can think about negotiations with the Gypsy King, first has to overcome Otto Wallin in London later this month.
It will be a first bout for the ‘The Body Snatcher’ since he dismantled Alexander Povetkin in March this year, stopping him in the fourth round to avenge his defeat to the Russian seven months earlier.
Swedish fighter Wallin, 30, represents a tough test however, having lost to Fury in September 2019 but only after the British fighter defied a nasty cut above his eye which threatened to see the fight stopped in Wallin’s favour.
Should Whyte prevail on October 30, and successfully defend his WBC interim crown, he is then expected to ramp up plans to fight Fury.
And just hours after his fellow British fighter came through his epic trilogy fight with Fury, recovering from twice being knocked down in the fourth round to eventually overcome the American in the 11th, the Brixton man took to social media to signal his intentions.
JUST IN: Tyson Fury’s manager ‘disgusted’ with Deontay Wilder actions after superb Gypsy King win
Whyte recently shared an image via Instagram where he showed off his apparent incredible physique on a running track, prompting a favourable response from boxing fans.
This morning one follower, sovainaesthetics, posted a screenshot of the picture along with the line: “The only reason we wanted Gypsy King to win last night is so you can knock him out. @dillianwhyte.”
Although Whyte didn’t directly respond with words of his own, tellingly, he did share the post to his 443,000 followers.
Fury however, seemed uninterested last week when he was asked by reporters about a potential clash with Whyte.
Deontay Wilder ‘got it wrong’ as tactics criticised following Tyson Fury defeat
Jake Paul reacts to Tyson Fury beating Deontay Wilder in typical fashion
Deontay Wilder praised for showing ‘guts, heart and desire’ despite defeat to Tyson Fury
“That’s something I’ve not been told or am even interested in right now,” he replied.
“I’ve got Deontay Wilder to deal with first and then me, my team, we’ll all sit down and make a decision on what’s next.”
In the same press conference, he later clarified his view on all his heavyweight rivals, including Whyte: “Just for the record, I can beat them all. Every single one of them put together. They can’t beat me, none of them can beat me.”
Even after his win over Wilder, Fury’s promoter Bob Arum also seemed non-plussed on the prospect.
Speaking to iFL TV, Arum said: “Last time he (Whyte) was mandatory, he fought Povetkin and got knocked on his ass.
“I look for Wallin to clearly beat Whyte, so I’m not even taking it into consideration.”
Whyte’s case may be boosted however, with both Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk both out of the immediate equation for Fury – after Joshua confirmed he had triggered a rematch clause with the Ukrainian.
The bout is expected to take place in early 2022.
Source: Read Full Article