Manny Pacquiao ‘denies fight agreement is in place with Amir Khan’
- Manny Pacquiao and Amir Khan had reportedly agreed to fight in November
- The Filipino insisted that no such agreement had been reached for a bout
- Khan has recently beaten Billy Dib and earned a £7million payday for the win
Manny Pacquiao has insisted that no deal has been reached for a super-fight against Amir Khan on November 8.
The British fighter had previously claimed in a press conference that he would fight the veteran boxer in Saudi Arabia.
Khan beat Billy Dib in Saudi Arabia last week to win the WBC international welterweight title, and immediately set his sight on a Pacquiao showdown.
Manny Pacquiao denied all knowledge of agreeing to fight Amir Khan in November
However, his Filipino rival appeared nonplussed when questioned about the prosepective match-up at his gym.
Paquiao, 40, said: ‘No I didn’t know that, maybe it’s a second Manny Pacquiao, the other Manny Pacquiao.’
Khan revealed at a press conference that he will face Pacquiao in Saudi Arabia
Pacquiao’s spokesperson Fred Sternberg has previously told BBC Sport: ‘Manny has not signed any contract.
‘As far as I know it hasn’t been even discussed,’ Sternberg added on Tuesday.
Pacquiao is currently preparing to face Keith Thurman in his 71st professional fight.
The bout will be held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday, July 20.
WBA ‘regular’ welterweight champion Pac-Man takes on the undefeated WBA ‘Super’ World welterweight champion who his 10 years his junior.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article